Who is Eligible to Receive the HST Rebate?
- Purchased a new home, substantially renovated a home or constructed a home.
- The house is to be used as your or your blood relative’s primary residence.
- Purchased shares in a co-op (co-operative) housing complex for the purpose of using the unit in the complex as your or your blood relative’s primary place of residence.
- Substantially renovated your home or constructed a new one, or hired someone to substantially renovate or construct your or your blood relative’s primary residence.
The rebate also applies to mobile homes and floating homes.
In addition to having a strong relationship with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), we have built and renovated a number of homes over the past 10 years. As such we have an intimate knowledge of what the CRA is looking for when filing a rebate. We will advise you of which documents and invoices are required in order for us to prepare the application for the rebate on your behalf. Our experts will review the associated costs and documents to ensure that your rebate does not get delayed or rejected before we submit the claim.
How Long Does it Take to Get the HST Rebate?
Investors and the New Home Rebate
The New Home HST Rebate is intended for buyers who intend to live in the newly renovated or built home – principal residents. If an investor builds a home with the intent of renting the property it out, they qualify for a different rebate, the New Residential Rental Property Rebate.
Investors who have purchased, constructed, substantially renovated, or made an addition to a Co-op or Multiple Unit Residential Complexes are eligible to qualify for the New Residential Rental Property Rebate. This rebate is highly specialized and our experts would be happy to discuss how best to proceed. Filing for the wrong rebate could mean losing out on the rebate!
The HST Rebate and Purchasing a New House
How We can Help You
- Contact us at 1-647-281-5399 to verify that you qualify for the rebate.
- Book a time to meet with one of our experts.
- Gather the following documents:
- All construction or renovation invoices
- Building permit(s)
- Lot and plan numbers
- in the case of substantial renovation, a detailed description of the work completed
We will ensure that you receive your maximum New Home HST Rebate. With My Rebate you have nothing to worry about – we will take care of all the paperwork and the entire application process. Should any issues arise with the CRA and your application we will work with the CRA to resolve those issues. Contact us directly or call +1-647-281-5399 to book a free consultation.